Let’s get promoted!
You want to get promoted, perhaps within your company, maybe somewhere else.
You recognise you need some help – someone to help keep you focused, to ensure you have a stretch but attainable goal and to provide practical support and guidance to help you get promoted.
This is something you may want to be subtle about – you don’t want colleagues, or maybe even your boss knowing your plan.
It could be you’ve just moved, and this time don’t want to spend years before you get the next step up.
You want a plan.
And I can help you get promoted.
- I understand how to be ‘political’ within an organisation, how to raise your profile, get known by the right people, focus on the activity that helps your career.
- I help you demonstrate or develop leadership and strategic skills, for the top jobs you need to have clear evidence on both.
- As a psychologist I can help you to work on your ‘inner talk’, making sure your conversation with yourself is positive but grounded in truth – positive thinking needs some basis in reality.
- I understand social media and creating an effective online presence. You need an effective LinkedIn profile, but you can also write articles, give talks, and I’ll help you decide what works best for the person you are and keep you focused on your plan.
- I’m a good sounding board – so we can discuss and rehearse situations at work to make sure you are taking advantage of all situations.
- I understand how to enhance your CV – this could be to do an EMBA but there are plenty of other ways to increase your knowledge including MOOCs and volunteering.
- My flexible working style – I’m available for short sessions and this can often be a better way than formal 50-minute sessions.
- Arrange an initial conversation to help me understand your requirements and if I believe there is a good match.
- We then schedule a first session, usually done via Skype to make it easy to fit into your busy day. This session focuses on your goal and to identify a quick activity/win, we then create a plan. Everything I do is customised to you and your needs.
- Further sessions will be as agreed. It can include regular 50-minute sessions supported by 10-minute calls. I also offer video coaching – send me a question by email and get a video reply. So much more personal than a written email.
Chartered Psychologist and Career Coach