Career Choice with The Career Assessment Package
The Career Assessment Package
You are looking for a cost-effective way to make a career choice.
You feel stuck. How are you meant to decide what career will make you happy? You’ve looked at job sites but aren’t sure how you match up, and maybe you have already worked in a couple of areas and neither have worked out. You want to get it right.
I’ve helped people make a career choice for over 25 years. Helping people get clear on their natural abilities makes it easy to shortlist jobs to explore further. You can’t rely on self-report tests; you need to go deeper.
I use the renowned Highlands Ability Battery, a 3-hour career ability assessment which will confirm natural talents and ability and provide you with a shortlist of jobs to explore that match and thus help you make a career choice.
Clients continually tell me that this knowledge provides them with clarity on why they’ve been unhappy at work. When you try and work against your natural ability it’s like swimming in treacle. Understanding natural ability is like a clear run up the motorway, not a slow drive across fields.
The Career Choice Career Assessment Package includes
- A package of exercises where you consider what you already know about yourself and gain clarity on skills, interests, values, goals, likes and dislikes of previous jobs and more. The exercises are supported with a 1-hour video presentationand feels like Denise is guiding you through this process. You go deep and send a shorter summary to Denise. We discuss this in a 30-minute first session.
- The 3-hour Highlands Ability Battery,to identify innate talents and abilities, we discuss in a session of about 90 minutes. This comes with 3 full colour reports and a personalised 1-page summary. One report is the Career Exploration Supplemental Report—to identify possible career paths aligned with your natural abilities.
- My Exploring Options eBook. This carefully guides you in how to explore further, moving on from the links within the Highlands Career Exploration Supplement.
- A 50-60 minute session which takes place 2-4 weeks later where we review your research and help you create an action plan.
** You spend up to 3 hours working with Denise
This updated version of the Career Assessment Package is just £599
What is the Highlands Ability Battery?
- Understand where you are naturally talented
- Know how you solve problems and make decisions most effectively
- Understand clearly why you would be happy in some fields and not happy in others
- Choose the best option from a group of study/career/ job/ business choices
- Know how to study most effectively
- Know what other jobs within your organisation you would be more fulfilled with
- Use your true strengths more effectively and more consistently
Research from the Johnson O’Connor Research Foundation says that people tend to be more satisfied and successful in occupations that require their aptitudes and do not demand aptitudes that they lack.
You might think the worst option is to work in a job where you don’t have the natural abilities. However, research has found that people experience greater problems when they have strong abilities that they are not able to use in their job. These can distract you from your ability to do the job and you would need to find an outlet for them through an out of work activity.
Every occupation, for example, engineering, medicine, law or management uses certain aptitudes. The work you are most likely to enjoy and be successful in is work that uses your aptitudes. For example, if you are an engineer but possess aptitudes not used in engineering, your work might seem unrewarding. If you lack the engineer’s aptitudes, your work may be difficult or unpleasant. The Highlands Ability Battery will help you understand your natural talents and make effective career choices.
Read a Short leaflet explaining the different work samples assessed through the Highlands Ability Battery assessment.
Here is the link to reach the Highlands Company where you can access sample reports.
I’ve covered most of the common assessment questions, and the feedback demonstrates how powerful this assessment is but of course get in touch if you want to know more.
Let’s talk – here’s the link to schedule a consultation.
To go ahead and get started on making an effective career choice today you can make payment
or if you want to take a deeper dive look at this service.
And if you were looking for details on other assessments, you will find details here.