FIRO ® – Fundamental Interpersonal Relations Orientation™
The Firo ® is ideal for anyone wanting to improve relationships with other people, whether just one other person or with a group of people.
The FIRO ® measures your interpersonal needs in 3 areas:
- Inclusion – This relates to forming new relationships with others. It determines how much contact a person wants to have with others.
- Control – This relates to decision making, influence and persuasion between people. It determines the degree of power or dominance a person seeks.
- Affection – This relates to emotional ties and warm connections between people. It determines the degree of closeness a person seeks.
When you take the Firo® for each area you will get a result which describes your expressed score – the extent to which you will initiate the behaviour and the wanted score, the extent to which you want or will accept that behaviour from others.
The Firo ® will show you the extent that your behaviour is congruent, or not, with what you actually want. It is the start of an in-depth understanding of behaviour and whether you want to (or not) make changes. If you choose not to make changes you will have raised your awareness of the consequences.
The Firo ® is a fantastic instrument to help you understand your own behaviour and the behaviour of others. Using these insights you can learn how to get along better at work, in personal relationships and in social settings.
Is the Firo for me?
The Firo ® is for anyone who wants to gain a deeper self insight to enhance relationships.
It will help you to
- Plan career development
- Increase job satisfaction
- Increase personal effectiveness
- Increase effectiveness in working with teams
- Identify the strengths and weaknesses of your leadership style
The FIRO® is an excellent addition to the MBTI. It helps you to understand likely sources of tension, your leadership style, how to improve decision making, and how to improve communication and to deal with conflict.
|Expressed I make an effort to include others in my activities. I try to belong, to join social groups – to be with people as much as possible.||Expressed I try to exert control and influence over things. I enjoy organising things and directing others.||Expressed I make an effort to get close to people. I am comfortable expressing personal feelings and I try to be supportive of others.|
|Wanted I want other people to invite me to belong. I enjoy it when others notice me.||Wanted I feel most comfortable working in well-defined situations. I try to get clear expectations and instructions.||Wanted I want others to act warmly towards me. I enjoy it when people share their feelings with me and when they encourage me.|
You can use the Firo to:
- Measure what you want in interpersonal relationships at work.
- Improve personal relationships at work and with friends.
- Understand how you prefer to relate to others.
- Identify your leadership style.
- Clarify how you want other people to behave towards you.
- Increase your understanding of how you handle interpersonal relationships.
- Identify how to increase job satisfaction.
- Improve your effectiveness on teams.
- Plan your career development.
- FIRO Business ® Profile
- FIRO Business ® Leadership Report
- FIRO Business ® Leadership and Profile Report
- Make payment, and schedule our session using these links
- Receive instructions to take the assessment
- Complete the assessment
- Receive an emailed full colour PDF report – this does not come automatcially and has to be created by a real person, it will be sent during normal working hors.
- Participate in an in-depth discussion to aid your understanding of the report and help you decide what to do next