This eBook is all about using personal contacts to support you in job search. You will learn how to identify and expand your network. You will devise a way of keeping a record of your contacts and in keeping them informed; know what to do at a networking event; know how to prepare before your first networking call, learn an easy way to follow up with leads and the importance of keeping in touch with your network after you get a job.
PLUS, you also learn everything you need to create a personal commercial – what you say to others when they ask you who are you.
Look at everything that is included, and it’s not just passive reading, lots of activities are included.
- What is networking?
- Do I have a network?
- Why a network is important
- Let’s look for ways to increase your network
- Keeping Records
- Follow up
- Developing skills
- Be clear what you want and clearly describe it
- Making contact
- First contact
- Making a start – possible concerns
- Ways of making contact
- Networking Questions
- Let’s follow Jo in her job hunt
- The phone call
- Conducting the meeting
- Let’s see how Jo is getting on
- Follow up
- Back to Jo
- Cycle Two
- What to do at a networking event
- Why do some people find it difficult to network?
- Other ways to network (Networking for introverts)
Plus, the personal commercial If you are going to be seeking help from others in your job search you need to be able to succinctly describe who you are and what you can do. This booklet will guide you to understand why you need to have a personal commercial, teach you to create your own and be ready to start using it with others.