Student and Graduate Career Coaching
You’ve invested £000s in your education. Now invest in Graduate Career Coaching to get started on a great career.
I know you want to get a great job, but what job? My Graduate Career Coaching Service provides a programme to identify a short list that will use your abilities and match with your interests, personality and more. Or you may want job search support.
This page is aimed at students and graduates, for young people aged up to 18. choose: Career Advice for Teenagers
Are you a Parent or Guardian – I have a list aimed at you – sign up here
Why Graduates choose to work with Denise
- Denise is an expert in developing successful careers and job search, regularly featured in print and on the radio. She is the author of ‘8 career books including ‘Winning Interview Answers for First Time Job Hunters’ and ‘Now You’ve Been Shortlisted’.
- Denise is involved in the recruitment and assessment of graduates and professionals via assessment centres and can give you an objective assessment of how you measure up and then coach you to perform at your best. Denise’s graduate recruitment experience includes blue chip companies and the Civil Service Fast Stream.
- Denise can help you make an impact, learn how to shine at interview, perform well at an assessment centre and show you how to be proactive rather than follow traditional job search methods.
I help with both career choice and all aspects of job search
1: Graduate Career Coaching – to get clear on what you want to do
Choose the Graduate Career Coaching Assessment Service with a combination of coaching sessions and assessments.
In a 1-hour session we talk through what you already know about yourself, based on some pre-work. We don’t draw conclusions but you get a good grounding in your values, career drivers, interests and more.
You take 3 Assessments
- To understand natural ability – take the Highlands Ability Battery
- To take a personality assessment used in recruitment – take the 15FQ
- To understand interests – take the Strong Interest Inventory
These are discussed in 2 feedback sessions of about 90 minutes and about 45 minutes.
Further discussion – 1 hour
We bring together the results from both sessions, along with our first discussion and drawn up a short list of career paths to explore. You then undertake personal research using the highly regarded Exploring Options eBook. This includes links to suggested websites and a structured approach to considering options. You should be able to narrow down your choice to decide.
2 x further review meetings
To review your research, and support you in decision making. We discuss how to stay resilient in times of setbacks. We will create a new action plan if required.
CV and LinkedIn profile
Now you have made your choice you will create effective marketing materials to get you focused on the job you want. You get access to 2 online programmes to create/revise your CV and LinkedIn profile. The Successful CV (sold at £47) and How to use LinkedIn to Manage your Career (sold at £57). Once you have created your draft I will review and provide helpful suggestions on how to improve.
The fee to include all the above is £1250. This programme can be adapted to meet your needs and budget.
Further job search support can be included to meet your needs. Additional fee payable.
Seeking a lower priced option? Consider The Career Assessment Package
You will find more details here
Graduate Career Coaching – Job Search Focus.
If you have applied for jobs but aren’t getting short listed, or losing out at interview
- You must know what you want – which profession, what industry, size of company, type of colleagues and clients etc. This is a fundamental step to successful job search.
- We can discuss and work out a strategy to help you to be a successful candidate. We need to work out what’s going wrong – and rectify it! With over 25 years’ experience as an interviewer and assessor, I will share my expert tips and challenge you to perform at your best.
- The competition for every graduate job is immense. You may need to look wider than you had intended and be flexible. Taking a non-graduate job is not the end of the world, but you need to ensure you remain proactive and positive.
- Read more on my job search service here.
I’m interested in Graduate Career Coaching. What next?
Schedule a 15-minute enquiry call to talk using this link.