The five things to do right now if you are feeling ‘dissatisfied’ in your career
So many people are unhappy at work, and whilst they may well start thinking about a new job it is worth reflecting on this questions:
- Identify what you are dissatisfied about – the content of the job, the people, the travel.
- Think of one thing you can do today to make a change and do it. It doesn’t have to be major, maybe its to finish on time or to ignore office gossip.
- Start researching other options, you will feel better as you find out other things you can do, both inside your company and elsewhere.
- Create a plan, these are the things you will do and when.
- Update your CV and create a portfolio with examples of your strengths, thank you letters etc ready to show a potential employer.
So you may feel dissatisfied, but these are some positive things you can do, which will help increase your likelihood of success in another job.
Wishing you all the best and if I can be of help please let me know
Denise Taylor is a double award winning career coach and Chartered Psychologist with Amazing People, established in 1998. When you are unsure of your career future, need help with job search or seek to improve your presence in an online world, Denise can help. Denise is the author of 7 books including How To Get A Job In A Recession, Now You’ve Been Shortlisted and Fat to Fantastic