I know you have a choice, here are 8 reasons why people choose to work with me.
1. Extensive knowledge of how people make career decisions
With a combination of practical knowledge (working one to one with over 2,000 clients) gained over 20+ years and an academic background (studied at master’s degree level) I can draw on theory, exercises and activities plus in-depth knowledge to support my coaching approach. My first career discovery programme was developed in 1993.
I have a first degree in Psychology and 2 master’s degrees: Occupational Psychology and Business Admin (MBA). I am a Chartered Psychologist, Associate Fellow of the British Psychological Society and a Registered Professional with the Career Development Institute.
It takes about 8 years to become a Chartered Psychologist, which involves gaining a first degree, Master’s Degree and about 4 years of supervised work practice where you focus on gaining specialist areas. My specialist areas, recognised by the BPS are: Personnel Selection & Assessment; Performance Appraisal & Career Development; Personal Development and Organisational Change.
Chartered Psychologists maintain their expertise through ongoing professional development. I spend over 100 hours per year on professional development ensuring I am a thought leader in areas of specialism. I share this knowledge through her books, media appearances, online programmes, and one-to-one coaching.
2. An expert in all aspects of job search
I have 20+ years’ experience in recruitment, assessment and helping clients create effective CVs, wow companies at interview and can support you in an effective job search campaign. I’m a sought after consultant to organisations helping them with recruitment from graduate entrants with the Civil Service Fast Stream to recruiting Directors, plus I’m regularly featured on radio and in print
3. Years of practical experience
Over 20 years I’ve worked with well over 2000 clients from a range of industries and at different levels from students to directors. Read comments from some of my many satisfied clients.
4. Extensive academic qualifications
- 1988 2i honours degree Psychology, Open University
- 1989 Post Graduate Certificate in Counselling, Manchester University
- 1992 Consulting Skills for Effective Advising, Shepherd Moscow Ltd
- 1992 Diploma in Counselling, Wolverhampton University
- 1992 MSc Occupational Psychology, London University
- 1999 MBA, Open University
- 2002 Diploma in Performance Management Coaching, Newcastle College
- 2002 Commenced study with the Graduate School of Coaching
- 2007 Winner of National Career Award – The Gold Career Programme
- 2009 Winner of National Career Award – The Job Search Support Programme
- 2010 Qualified as a Personal Branding Strategist with Reach
- 2011 Sports and Exercise Psychology, with Distinction, Open University
- 2012 Admitted to the Register of Applied Psychology Practice Supervisors
- 2013 Awarded CDI Legacy Fellowship
- 2013 Qualified as a Social Branding Analyst with Reach, I re-certify each year
- 2014 Certified LinkedIn Profile Writer, issued by Career Enlightenment
I’m qualified to use the majority of psychometric assessments – Level A & B Qualified for the 15FQ, 16PF5, Firo B, Saville’s Wave, Talent Q Dimensions, MBTI, Team Dynamic Indicator, CPI, Thomas Kilman, Strong Interest Inventory, Highlands Ability Battery and more.
5. Winner of 2 national career awards
I was recognised for my professional expertise through the award of 2 national career awards.
- The Gold Career Programme (2007)
- The Job Search Support Programme (2009).
6. Author of 7 career books
My career books include Find Work at 50+ ‘How To Get A Job In A Recession’, ‘Now You’ve Been Shortlisted,’ Introducing, Getting The Job you Want, Winning Interview Answers for First Time Job Hunters. I’ve also written 12 eBooks including ‘How To Use LinkedIn To Find A New Job’.
7. Reputable assessments used
There are numerous assessments on offer, many are all glitz and no substance, and are not properly validated. Just because a well-known organisation uses them, this is no evidence for their effectiveness. As a Chartered Psychologist with certified expertise and access to a wide range of assessments I will ensure you receive the very best available assessments interpreted by someone who has undertaken advanced training. Your results will be added to the wider picture gained through discussion which will give you the greatest benefit.
8. Evidence based approach
As a Chartered Psychologist I follow psychological approaches and techniques that are based on the best available research evidence, in areas such as career theories, work-life balance, and the psychological contract. It’s not a theoretical exercise, but used in highly practical ways.